Windows ME Internet Setup for ruggedwest.com
Your Username: ______________________________
Your Password: ______________________________
Your E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Click on Start, go to Settings. Click on Dial-up Networking.
2. Delete any other connections until only “Make New Connection” is left.
3. Double click on “Make New Connection.”
4. Type RTC in box and click Next.
5. Enter the Local Access Number (see bottom of sheet for local number). Click Next.
6. Click Finish.
7. Right click on RTC and left click on Properties.
8. Remove the check mark from “Use Area Code” box.
9. Click on the Network tab.
10. Underneath allowed network protocols, leave the check mark in the box that says TCP/IP only. Uncheck the other two protocols.
11. Click on the Security Tab and type in your username and password.
12. Click OK.
13. Right click on RTC again and select “Create Shortcut.” Click on OK.
Setting up E-mail with Outlook Express
1. Double click on Outlook Express or open from the Start>Programs Menu.
2. If New Connection Wizard starts, go to step 5. If not, after Outlook Express opens, go to Tools, click on Accounts.
3. Click on the Mail tab, and remove any other accounts by highlighting them and clicking on Remove.
4. Then click on “Add” and left click on “Mail” to start the New Connection Wizard.
5. First enter your Display Name. This should be your First and Last Name. Click Next.
6. Enter your E-mail address as printed above. Click Next.
7. Enter your mail server addresses. At the top should be POP3. In the middle box enter “pop3.ruggedwest.com.” In the bottom box enter “mail.ruggedwest.com.” Click Next. (Enter these in lower case. Do NOT include quotation marks.)
8. Type in the username and password for the account as printed above.
9. Check the box that says “remember password.” Click Next.
10. Click Finish. (If a connection configuration box appears, choose Manual Connection, click Next, click Finish.)
11. You should be returned to the “Mail Account” screen. Click on pop3.ruggedwest.com and then click on Properties.
12. Under the General Tab, enter your e-mail address in the Reply Address box. Click OK.
13. Click Close.
RTC Internet Help Line
The RTC Internet Help Line is available to help with your internet-related questions. Contact the Help Line at:
Inside RTC Exchanges – Dial 0211
Outside RTC Exchanges – Dial 1.800.497.2151 or 701.627.4381
E-mail – email@example.com
Local Access Numbers
Alexander – 828-3800
Arnegard – 586-3399
Douglas – 529-4899
Emmet – 337-2099
Garrison – 463-1099
Keene – 675-4444
Kenmare - 385-9500
Makoti – 726-5799
Mandaree – 759-3299
Max – 337-2099
New Town – 627-2150
Norma – 848-2200
Parshall – 862-4100
Plaza – 497-3599
Roseglen – 743-4099
Ross – 755-3599
Ryder – 758-2299
Spencer – 848-2200
Squaw Gap – 565-2599
Watford City – 842-3800